Sunday, February 16, 2014

Final project selections

Well, I did it.  I made my final project selections.

Thinking back on it, this was a pretty cool road that got us here.  We all had to cook up an idea, define and refine it, and try to sell it to each other.  I'm genuinely impressed at what some people came up with, and I'm excited (and a bit nervous) to see what gets picked and where I get assigned.  I'll admit that most of my project picks were heavily influenced by the presentations.  A notable exception to that was Automaton, a proposal for a computer science educational game by Luke Balaoro.  His presentation was good, but not quite enough to make me note-to-self to go read his proposal.  I ended up reading it anyway, and wow.  Good stuff.  I hereby give the 'best overall proposal' award to Luke.  It was really well-written, gave a lot of solid detail, and seems like an interesting idea.  I didn't rank it highest in my preferences only because I'm not sure how much I want to work on a game this semester (don't think it's really my forte).

Good luck to everyone on the vote next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment