Sunday, March 30, 2014

Work log - 3/28-3/29

Added some functionality to automate some database content addition.  In particular,  I wrote some code that will go through all of our QuestionStates (diagnostic graph nodes) and fill in corresponding Vehistory (value data for some particular car, used for greedy search) objects in the database for some given Vehicle.  I'm in the process of adding new unit tests for this code and I just updated some other unit tests for code that had changed in a couple ways.  In writing this code to script the addition of the Vehistory objects, I realized how ridiculous it was that I was adding so many by hand before.  For our last client meeting/demo, I added a full diagnostic chart to the database and needed corresponding Vehistory objects for each node in that graph (a minimum of around 35 in this instance) - so much copy-and-paste!  I guess what they say about that is true - if you're doing copy-paste stuff a lot while you're developing, you're doing it wrong.  Very wrong.  

No comments:

Post a Comment