Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Presentation reflection

I think that, overall, we did pretty good on Monday.

It's kind of hard to tell if you're getting your points across during a presentation sometimes.  I felt like I was explaining everything the way I meant to (mostly), but there's usually that doubt anyway.  A couple other students in the class said the presentation was very clear, so I hope that's true.  Our website looked good, as did our one-sheet handout (thanks Sonny!).  I think the team looked pro; we were well-dressed and gave good introductions.  The precise description I gave to everyone of the presentation plan really, really helped.  It made everything smooth and predictable on our end because everyone knew already what was going to happen (or, at least, I did :) ).

I found Ackley's criticisms to be accurate.  I'm going to talk to David or Sonny about adding some kind of field in the database like a 'title' for each QuestionState, which can be displayed in a larger font.  That would help with presentations and demos, and also make the program feel more cohesive, I think.  That's a pretty simple addition for a good return on investment for the User eXperience.  Ackley also said the presentation didn't have a clear ending, it just kind of 'fizzled out' (or something like that).  He was right, and that was a result of not correctly anticipating where I wanted to end the demo and not quite knowing what I was going to say to conclude.  What I really needed was a quick review and summary to wrap it up and reiterate the main points.  Next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment