Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Reaction to 'leaders only' client meeting

It wasn't so much as a meeting as it was an interview.

I had thought that I was going to be seeing both Nikan and Ackley at the same time; not sure why I thought that, since the time slots were unchanged (and thus they could only schedule one at a time).  There were a set of questions asked of me, which I expected.  Some were about the project timeline and how closely it was followed; having looked at the original team timeline recently, I was pleased to see we actually were in sync with it pretty well.  Others were about the team dynamics; overall, I've been quite happy with my team and the work they do.  And yet other questions were about my experience as a leader and what I would do differently.  I think my main thought on the last one was that I should have kept better tabs on my team members' assigned tasks and how they were being implemented to avoid ambiguity, confusion, or stalling.  I do think that overall I've been a pretty good team leader and I'd like to think my group is happy with my performance.

I'm now wondering what the last two class sessions will look like (Monday after next and the one following).  Are we going to do more group presentations?  I would hope not.  Are we going to have lectures like when the class began?  My best guess is that were going to have lectures/discussions about the experience of the class or something like that, but who knows (except Ackley, I guess).

No comments:

Post a Comment